Coots Paradise. Anyone goes there?

hotsky

I've been to Cootes a number of times by Princess point early in the summer, all the fish I got were small lm and silver bass. Went there again for an hour yesterday and noticed water was much lower (by about 2 feet)... I've often seen people on kayaks and canoes there and I was wondering if electric motors were allowed? Maybe I could take my inflatable with a TM. Or maybe even just the boat even if I have to paddle. What other fish is in there? I know they took the carp out some years ago. Is it worth it?

I've tried Harbour a few times and no luck, I've learned a few things since and have more tackle so might be worth a try again sometime.

Btw any good places for carp fishing at the harbour? I've seen them jumping out on the water under that bridge by the coots.

I've tried Harbour a few times and no luck, I've learned a few things since and have more tackle so might be worth a try again sometime.

Btw any good places for carp fishing at the harbour? I've seen them jumping out on the water under that bridge by the coots.

Here's a few places to fish carp in the harbour. Pier 8 is your best bet right now.

HamiltonHarbourcarpspotsMedium400x343.jpg

Hey thanks a lot! I've seen a lot of them at the Windermere basin or where it used to be, it's just the channel now, but they might've finished the work there by now. Saw some huge fish in that canal, it's very dirty tho; lots of tampon applicators floating around and last time I saw a couple of condoms too, kinda grossed me out lol.

I used to fish cootes as a kid. Never caught anything worthwhile , really.. An eel once in a while was about the main event. Big carp back then, far, far less carp there now since the carp traps were put in. I heard rumours of pike, but always caught them rather easily in the harbour.