Pointers around Presqu'iles Provincial Park

Nightsky

Hello everyone,

I'm going on a family camping vacation for 1 week at Presqu'ile Provincial Park next Wednesday and I would love to bring my little cousins (aged ~8-15) catch a few fish. I don't know the area at all since I live in Montreal. I'm not looking for any secret spots but maybe a few pointers would help. Is there any nice boat ramp close? Any like perch spot around? Would like to catch bigger stuff with the older ones, but will be limited with the boat. I have a 16' Mirrocraft with 25hp motor, nothing big but usually does the job to go fishing, Lake Ontario is right there, but if we catch a few windy days, there is no way i'll be able to go out on it.

Thanks for the tips!

Ghislain Charpentier

There's a boat launch just east of the park, on harbour street. It puts you into Brighton Bay, where there's good fishing and pretty protected waters. When winds are from the NW, W, or SW, the entire west side of the bay is very comfortable.

Fish just back from the edges of the marked navigation channel, looking for the weedlines. You'll find good bass and pike with the occasional walleye. Loads of perch and panfish.

As mentioned above, Weller Bay is also very good fishing. Camp Barcovan has a ramp. Last time I launched there, they charged me a day-use fee - i think it's $5 a head. I had access to washrooms, picnic table etc. It's at 133 Carter Rd, in Carrying Place, about 20min from the park.