Rideau Lake info

sparkus47

Hey guys I am new to the board and really enjoy the info exchanged on this site and how friendly everyone is...wicked!!!

I have booked a site for 4 days at Murphys point provincial park, and am looking for a depth map of the lake and maybe anyones experiences fishing the lake , good or bad.

Any info is greatly appreciated guys and gals:)btw I have some pics of my Balsam lake experience last week:)P1060266.jpgphoto (5).JPG

We've fished the Rideau, right there at Rideau Ferry, not far from Murphy's point. For Large mouth, we typically just wind drift across the weed beds. The area around Rideau Ferry is not all that deep and we have weeds just about everywhere. Rubber worm and a 1/8 oz weight and just jig as we move across the weeds. Typically have good luck with this approach. There are some rocky shoals around and great for smallies - and we have caught some nice sized ones. Large/Small, we can get some in the 3-5 pound range.

Don't forget some topwaters. Early am and late evening, we have a blast with them over the weeds.

We were on the Rideau last September and brought a couple nice sized one back for some fresh fish.

We've fished the Rideau, right there at Rideau Ferry, not far from Murphy's point. For Large mouth, we typically just wind drift across the weed beds. The area around Rideau Ferry is not all that deep and we have weeds just about everywhere. Rubber worm and a 1/8 oz weight and just jig as we move across the weeds. Typically have good luck with this approach. There are some rocky shoals around and great for smallies - and we have caught some nice sized ones. Large/Small, we can get some in the 3-5 pound range.

Don't forget some topwaters. Early am and late evening, we have a blast with them over the weeds.

We were on the Rideau last September and brought a couple nice sized one back for some fresh fish.

Thanks for the info Rich, much appreciated.!