MacLeod Provincal Park questions

So after aproximatly 10 weeks of working 6 days straight I was able to convince the boss that I need some much needed time off for fishing, so 3 years in the making I am planning a return fishing trip to North East (Though I suppose technically North Central) Ontario. After doing a little research I figure my plan is to leave Mississauga on Thursday June 21st at about 5am to arrive at MacLeod Provincal Park at around 5-6pm (The park is just south of Gearlton off highway 11 about 4 hours east of Thunder Bay). The question I have is the Provincal Parks website left a few key points of information out of their park description. Most specificly when the front office closes to be able to book a campsite and how busy the park tends to be (Its first come first serve or campsites.)

Has anyone in the OFC community been before or know of anyone who has been before? I'm just worried I'll get there, be out of luck for a site and then have to spring for a Gearlton hotel room or drive back to Hearst for a campsite.

PS - Fishing report is most definatly to follow.

I stopped in to that park last year. It was quite nice from what I was able to see by driving around. Of the three parks that we quickly toured in that area I'd rate Nagagamisis as the nicest then Fushimi, then Macleod. Didn't actually stay at any of them but drove around them to look at the campsite talk to the rangers and any campers. The fishing from the people we talked to was probably the best at Fushimi.

I stopped in to that park last year. It was quite nice from what I was able to see by driving around. Of the three parks that we quickly toured in that area I'd rate Nagagamisis as the nicest then Fushimi, then Macleod. Didn't actually stay at any of them but drove around them to look at the campsite talk to the rangers and any campers. The fishing from the people we talked to was probably the best at Fushimi.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I'm definatally going to look Fushimi up now.