Oldest Son Graduates from Residency in the Air Force

Billy Bob

I have a nephew who is a US marine and am very proud of his accomplishments.

Congratulations to you,your wife and your son on such a great achievement. :clapping:

It is the U.S.A. MARINES who are special in every respect...the first to hit the beach...the first to be dropped behind enemy lines....they are known as "THE GRUNTS" who know no pain....they are "The Few, The PROUD, The MARINES".....it don't get no better then that.......I have several friends that are MARINES and I worked with a couple of them.....after serving in war time.....they are NOT the average guy walking down the street....they are VERY PROUD soldiers that would still today die for their country....they have my utmost respect....unless you personally know one, you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.....

Years ago I worked with a Joe H. that was a HUGE Marine....not only in heart but also in body......Joe was 6'-5" tall and over 300 lbs....Joe was also just a couple of years of retirement.....but you would have no idea that he was that old..................Joe wasn't even in my department.....he was a conductor/switchman and at the time we worked at a very small yard that everyone got along......this one day he had something going.....to this day I still don't know what it was....but he couldn't make it in to work that morning but hope to be there ASAP....I answered the phone when he called in.....he asked me if I could cover for him until he could make it in......he was in luck....it was a slow day for me......I did all his work that day as I worked hand in hand with his department on a daily basis and knew their routeen .....Joe finally make it in around 2pm and by that time 99% of his work was done....by then I was off on another assignment at a industry site.....I never said anything to Joe and he never did to me....it was just a courtesy thing between us...I figure he had some kind of medical procedure he didn't want to talk about....

Later that year Joe got a nice settlement from the RR for a previous injury that happen YEARS before I even met the man......instead of just keeping the money he took out EVERYONE and their wife's from his department, including the bosses he worked with in beginning November....plus one guy from the mechanical department...yep, me and my wife to one of the most expensive restaurants in our area.....and I mean he paid for EVERYTHING....drinks, wine, champagne...dinner and flaming desserts....I felt embarrassed and offered to pay the tip, which would have been $200.....no, it was all on Marine Joe...what I didn't know it was the official Birthday of the USMC....