Shimano Handle Styles -??-

Rod Caster

I couldn't find definitive answers on their website or elsewhere.

What is the difference between the A, B and C type handles on Shimano spinning rods (Crucial specifically)?? If I'm correct, the C-Style handle comes with the "finger hook" that is typically on a casting rod?

Edited by Rod Caster

Tackle Warehouse site shows the spinning rods and according to their information the A handle is 11-1/2 " B handle is 12" and C handle is 12-1/2"

http://www.tacklewar...cpage-SCRS.html

You can also check there for bait cast rods as well.

Thanks, I've never been to that site...great info. The site I'm looking at has the incorrect photo and I believe it is showing the Crucial Casting model. I'm mostly unfamilliar with Shimano rods so I'm having trust issues with some of the information on the web.

The site I'm looking at must be offering last years model, since it's quoting an IM-9 blank. The one at tacklewarehouse is quoting an IM-10.

Yup, they posted the wrong photo. The handle types (A,B,C) only refers to length (thanks Rolly). The spinning rod does not have the finger hook (or whatever it's called).

They posted one of these models as a Spinning Rod. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see if it's last years model... they are on sale for almost 50%

Fishing_FreshwaterFishing_264235_main.jpg

Now that I've placed my order... check this sale out.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/shimano/home/fishing/fresh-saltwater-fishing/spinning-rods/c0-c20-c201-c20102-b100673-p1.html

Shimano Crucials Spinning(last years discontinued model) is on sale from $154 down to 89.

The Compres are down from $100 to $63

The Baitcaster styles are also on sale. Keep in mind these are NOT the brand new models, but last years models. Either way, I'm getting a 6'6" crucial for $10 more than a canadian tire fenwick!!thumbsup_anim.gif

Wow! Great price. How much for shipping?

$10 I think...it's fair and it comes from Winnipeg. They are just adding it to a back-order I placed a few weeks ago. Soon I get : canoe rod holder, sweet life jacket, yoke pad and a new rod. thumbsup_anim.gif