Urban Fishing TO area

Millhouse2020

Looking for any tips and suggestions members are willing to share on fishing in the Toronto area. My brother recently moved to TO, Dundas street and misses hitting the water now and then. He does not have a vehicle so he is limited to where he can go on his bike or on public transit. Back home he was an avid walleye, pike and bass fisherman. Any tips for a northern ontario boy wanting to get out and fish in Toronto are very welcome. I'd like to get him on the right track, thanks.

Millhouse

For bass and pike, he can take the TTC down to union and walk the harbourfront and fish the various basins, with a better luck pike fishing than bass. Spring is good on the islands for pike (when it opens May 5th) and bass when it opens. Bass down there are finicky and easiest to target early.

If he's into trout and salmon, you can catch browns and salmon from shore at various river mouths and bay's around the city that are accessible by public transit.

There are lots of fishing opp's close to TO. Lots of info online too.

I've only seen a handful of walleye down there so not really worth targeting. If anyone figures that one out, would love to know!!