Haliburton Friday surprise catch

fishboy

I made a quick trip north looking for lake trout (and to give the boat a run) on Fri, but hooked into this instead. I marked fish at bottom on a slope at about 65' and figured they were lake trout or whitefish & dropped down a jigging rap...needless to say this was a bit surprising especially since I've never seen or heard of a walleye on this lake. It measured just over 18" and was released to swim another day.

pickerel.JPG

I made a quick trip north looking for lake trout (and to give the boat a run) on Fri, but hooked into this instead. I marked fish at bottom on a slope at about 65' and figured they were lake trout or whitefish & dropped down a jigging rap...needless to say this was a bit surprising especially since I've never seen or heard of a walleye on this lake. It measured just over 18" and was released to swim another day.

pickerel.JPG

Nice clean looking Walleye - nice catch!

Tracker (Don)

Guess we're well met fishboy! Sure will expand the fishing opportunities on that lake. Did you end up getting into any lakers? Clean looking fish, for sure!

I went lakerless, but had to head back home for family dinner Saturday, so I was off the water by noon to pack up and go south. How'd you end up doing-did the water warm up at all over the weekend? I'll try not to sneak up on you with that quiet motor next time!