Orillia Perch Festival

jedimaster

Just wondering where I should park and launch my boat saturday morning for the perch derby? I wanted to be up near the narrows, and I need to be fairly close to the main area as I have to buy my tickets still.

As exact directions as possible would be great as I am not familiar with the area. comming from the south up the 400.

I have heard rumours there is still Ice floating on Simcoe...is this true..anyone know?

As for your questions...you can park at Tud Hope Caming ground..there is a launch right across the street with some

parking if you get their early.

There is a public – free launch (was last year at least) right across the street from Tudhope park. (Tudhope is Perch HQ and where you can get your tickets) It is a little confusing to get to the launch the first time.

Go straight out of the driveway from the park and continue down the road. On your left a kilometer or so you will see a sign for the boat launch. You will then drive a kilometer or so through a residential neighborhood to the launch.

Parking at the launch is limited to a few trucks and trailers, but you can park at Tudhope.

Last year the OPP were checking all boats for safety gear when I launched one morning so be prepaid for that.

Good luck, may see ya on the water Sunday

Thanks for the info, I won't be out on Sunday, but we are heading out right now, just printing off the instructions. Not too sure how to get to Tud Hope Park, Bt I have a feeling like its the main park in orillia the big one with the marina in town. At Least I hope thats the one.

Caught some hogs, sorry no pics. But had 8 12+ one was 13.5

About a thousand boats at the narrows. For an hour when the minnows were fresh and the fish were on we couldn't get the lines down to the bottom before we were hooking them. Looked totally awsome on the aquaview.