Anyone fished out of Green Wilderness

Gord

Are you talking about Green wilderness on Mattagami lake in Gogama? if so, i personally haven't been there but I fish the lake a lot. When I go I either stay at Minakwa lodge or twin j hide a way. Both of those lodges are closer to the better fishing areas than green wilderness.

Are you talking about Green wilderness on Mattagami lake in Gogama? if so, i personally haven't been there but I fish the lake a lot. When I go I either stay at Minakwa lodge or twin j hide a way. Both of those lodges are closer to the better fishing areas than green wilderness.

Yes. Is it that much better fishing at Minakwa. Where are the good spots.

Thanks

June is a great time to fish there, but the only problem with fishing the 1st week is that a big walleye tournament is going on there and there will be 130 boats on the water and if you don't already have reservations at a lodge you wont get any that week due to the tournament. If I were you I would wait till the 2nd week and you will have the lake to yourself unless you are fishing the tournament.

June is a great time to fish there, but the only problem with fishing the 1st week is that a big walleye tournament is going on there and there will be 130 boats on the water and if you don't already have reservations at a lodge you wont get any that week due to the tournament. If I were you I would wait till the 2nd week and you will have the lake to yourself unless you are fishing the tournament.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the tournament. We will plan the second wk. What are the dates of the tourny.

Thanks again buddy .

Tootsie II is right on the date, it is the first event for the NOWT tournaments so it always has a great turnout. We are having a early spring this year so June should be a great time for fishing at Mattagami, usually the southeast arm is the best place that time of year.