Conditions in Orillia

gellers

I was up in Orillia Monday scouting some of my spring perch and crappie spots out. Lotsa ice in Mcphee Bay and other areas on the lake. A good wind could easily blow it up to Orillia and plug up any boat launching spots. Maybe fine by this weekend but I would suggest a backup plan just in case...so you won't make the trip for nothing.

jedimaster: There is a free launch and free parking (last year anyways) right across from Perch HQ.

There is limited parking at the launch but lots at the park where Perch HQ is or there is also a vacant lot kitty corner to the park.

Good luck, may see you there on Sunday.

Thanks for the info on the conditions. Please keep us advised.

I had to go to Orillia tonight so I drove past the narrows and down a few roads on the Simcoe side. The only ice I saw was about a 30 foot wide strip that ran almost all the way across the bay about a 1/4 mile from the bridge on Simcoe side. Looks like guys had drove through it though and there were about 5 boats fishing the bay. The other side of the ice it was wide open into Simcoe as far as you could see. Only way there will be ice in there now is if it blows in from the main lake. Warm temps. right through and past the weekend make things look good. All the ramps were wide open no ice in sight.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset