carbon drag washer upgrade.....is it worth it??

hrdst1

this ones for all you reel junkies......just wondering if its worth it to upgrade the drag washers on my curado to carbon ones...i've heard the carbon washers are alot smoother and lasts longer...any input would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance..

hrdst1

oh yeah, does anyone know where i can pick some up in around the gta??

My boat partner has an Abu 7000 that he upgraded, I also have the same reel and once I tried his I saw a noticeable difference for the better.

I followed suit and had mine done, and love it.

Big difference on the drag , especially when cranking it down for trolling.

I would recommend it , it was only 30$ for the switch.

As for where to upgrade in the GTA I'm not sure but if you contact a Shimano dealer/repair shop you might be able to find out where.

Matt

I replaced the drag washers in my Catala, Citica, and Curado this past winter. I bought the washers from Smoooooth Drag out of the U.s. I ordered mine by telephone. Excellent service and economical. I haven't used them on the water yet, but the drags are significantly smoother, especially when cranked down tight. I used the Carbontex washers with a light coating of the grease Smoooooth Drag sells. Do a Google search and they'll come right up. Do a search for drag maintenance, Curado drag washer replacement, etc. There are a number of sites giving step by step instructions. Good luck, Andy