Ice Fishing suggestions

rdambros

Me and my 13-year-old son we're scheduled to go to Lake Simcoe this Saturday to go ice fishing. I just got called by the ice fishing guide and was advised that the ice is too thin today to go fishing. Now what!

So, me and my son Are looking for a place to fish.

Anybody have any suggestions for an outfitter that has huts on the ice safe. It would also be really good if the fish were active as well. Please post the name and telephone number of the Outfitter and the name of the lake thanks in advance.

This late ice is getting old fast isn't it??

I'd suggest you browse through this directory:

http://www.ontariooutofdoors.com/icefishing/articles/?ID=327&a=read

It's fairly comprehensive.

Lake Nipissing is a probably a good start and many of the recent reports seem generally positive as well. You also have Lake Nosbonsing right next door as well.

This year our annual trip will be to Lake Bernard. I know there are a couple of outfitters and a guide on there. It will be my first trip there though, but from what I have read it's a decent fishery. We are not using an outfitter.

Here are some outfitters on Bernard:

Lake Bernard Outfitters 705-384-7948

Carter's Charters 705-752-0758

All Seasons Fishing 705-386-7562

Other places I want to try are Lake Restoule (Everett's Northern Excursions) and Limberlost.

Restoule holds multiple species and always seemed like an interesting lake to fish. It's not that far to drive but far enough away.

I have been trying to convince my buddies to take a trip to Limberlost for a couple of years now. You get your own private cabin on a lake all to your self. The lakes are stocked with rainbows and brook trout. Unfortunately the price is higher than many other places so it's been hard to convince people to go (it's a per person charge instead of fixed rate for the cabin). I will make it happen some day though!

As for the active fish, good luck with that! No one can predict that.

Good luck with your search.