NF ... I'll be shocked if i get an anwser for this question

Skipper D

Here’s a wiring diagram that may help you sort this out; not the clearest but you should be able to read it.

The fan speed switch & the resistor on this vehicle are grounding circuits.

An easy test is to connect a test light to battery positive and probe the wire connector at the resistor; with the resistor disconnected.

Using the wiring diagram put the switch speed to the corresponding connector terminal of the resistor and the test light should light.

For example.

Switch set to low speed; test light probe to terminal 1, the tan wire of the resistor connector; the light should light.

Do this for all speeds.

If the test light lights for all speeds then you know the speed selector switch is ok.

If you want to try a quick test for the motor itself; take a jumper wire from ground and then to terminal 4 the black/tan wire at the resistor. Turn the ignition to the run position and if all is good the motor should run at high speed.

So if the switch checks out and the motor will run with the jumper wire; the resistor has packed in again.

I had one customer’s vehicle take two resistors out with in 6 months; found that the blower motor (even though it seemed to run fine) was at fault due to it drawing to much amperage and burning out the resistor’s clamping diode.

Let me know if I’ve lost you with the testing and I’ll try to explain again or go further as in testing the power side of the circuit and the blower motor relay.

Dan.

Oh man you guys are fast I sent this without checking the thread and here I am repeating everything you guys have already said. Sorry.

TJ Heater1.jpg

Edited by DanD

Thanks Dan , i'll print it off along with Bernies when i get it in the shop and we should be able to get to the bottom off it ...... hec i can't go wrong with all the help thats offered on this board , hope i can return the favor to some one later ... lol .

Some one had ask for me to let them know what the problem was with my jeep once i had it fixed . I got it in the shop this morning and found there was a bad connection in the plug at the heater sensor relay , the locking tab was not locked on the plug letting it sag down and loose its contact , once put back in to place every thing is working now the way it should . Thanks every one for your help ........... Ron .