Halls Lake

Bigworm

I was surprised as well bigworm...the customer that called me Sunday night usually can't get out to his cottage on Easter Weekend and this year he, and his whole family, were cross country skiing on 2" of fresh snow on top of 6 to 8" of good ice.

Try calling the airport manager over at Stanhope (just East of Canarvan..before West Guilford) and ask him if the ice is still on either lake he can see from the airport (Green Lake to the east and forget the one West of it). He won't mind the call...John Packer's a great guy....use my name to break the "ice" lol...Wayne O'Shea

Halls Lake is just three small lakes west and then one North from the airport. Should be some fair currents thru there I would think.

1-705-754-2611

Edited by irishfield

The latest I heard was that the shorelines are rotting out but there's still lots of ice (none good quality) on the lakes. The recent snow/rain was pushing down the ice so with a little luck the end of the month is a decent guess. You can try Minden Live Bait 705-286-4826 or John at Carnarvon Live Bait 705-489-3036.