Rice Lake

Cowman

Heyyy,

my buddy and I are going up to rice lake and its the same weekedn as the Walleye opener,

We're staying at Adventure Bay, in Gores Landing, anyone ever fished this area of Rice lake, and I've never been here so can someone tell me how the fishing is and some tips, thankssss alot! :Gonefishing:

:canadian:

Edited by Cowman

Walleye Patterns:

In spring, Rice lake walleye can be found scattered in the weedflats around Bewdley, cast a silver rattle spot, retrieve at medium speed in 5-8 ft. of water, try to cover a lot of water, this area is quite large. If the bite is off, try trolling in this area with a chartreuse worm harness. Also fish the mouth of the Otonobee River, where it spills into the lake, use jigs tipped with worms or minnows, in the deeper holding pools off Jubillee Point. Rice lake pickerel/walleye average 1-2 pounds, although some lunkers in the 5-6 lb range are not uncommon.

this looks helpful, i got it from http://www.thefishinguide.com/rice.shtml

Edited by urbanangler

Use Jerkbaits, retrieve in slow to medium speed with jerking motion, let it sit still from time to time (when the jerkbait starts to move again, that's when they usually hit). Try and find weedlines through out Rice Lake at a depth of 8 feet.