different terminal end knots?

Hookset

Just wondering. Do you use a different knot on the terminal end when fishing fluoro over say 50 lbs than you would tie for mono or fluoro under 50 ? I'm wondering if the added thickness of a high pound line requires a specific knot than say a palomar or clinch knot like I would use bass fishing. I don't mean a knot to tie 2 different lines together but specifically a terminal end knot. I'm gonna make switch to fluoro leaders from steel leaders because of the reduced visibility but I like to have confidence in my knots. Imagine that lol.

Thanks for any help.

I think that most guys that hit that size of floro for leaders use crimp tubes. That is what I will be doing when I make larger # floro leaders.

I know I have tied up to 35# using a uni knot and no issues to date (little superglue to hold it tight).

This is what I'm talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEADER-SLEEVES-RIGGING...bayphotohosting

Berkley and others make these kits that include crimping plyers as well.

Edited by mdej

a uni knot will work but make sure you lubricate the fluoro really well when tightening down. you should only need about 5-6 wraps with the thick fluoro.

what i've been doing with 130# fluro is a perfection loop, using a nail to cinch it down tight, then a split ring or snap on the end of it.

Edited by Raf

Thanks mdej and Raf. Since I have never used a crimp tube I will probably go with the uni-knot since it was recommended by both of you. It's a pretty simple knot and I know how to tie that one. The perfection knot seems a little complicated. I found an example of the perfection knot here http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php

Hookset.