Reel Parts

Gregoire

In the summer I had a mishap with my reel, and broke the handle of the reel and the small metal part on the bottom of the reel fell off. I contacted pure fishing to order replacement parts and the official line is that I must go through an authorized service center in order to get the parts I need. That means that I have to contact Rockey's reel repair in Orillia and go through them. While I have heard good things about Rockey's I am disappointed that I cannot get the parts I need directly from the manufacturer. I had a revo winch that I sent in for servicing a few years ago and the part was so far back ordered that pure fishing sent me a new reel as it was taking so long to get the real repaired. Needless to say this has made me a little tentative.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience, of knowledge of a place where I can order parts.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

*cough* shimano *cough*

i know that's not helpful, but it's pretty much the reason i've switched to shimano.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

*cough* shimano *cough*

i know that's not helpful, but it's pretty much the reason i've switched to shimano.

Agreed, I was thinking about making the switch before, and now I am buying more shimano gear because I know I will be able to find parts for them. I do not think I will be buying any pure fishing products in the future.

Aikmans in miss. Has lots of parts and may do pure fishing warranty. Im confused though, they gave you a new reel before which they didnt have to do and because they referred you to their warrant center you wont buy their products? What does it matter if you send the reel to Brantford or Orillia or who you send it too as long as it gets fixed?

Aikmans in miss. Has lots of parts and may do pure fishing warranty. Im confused though, they gave you a new reel before which they didnt have to do and because they referred you to their warrant center you wont buy their products? What does it matter if you send the reel to Brantford or Orillia or who you send it too as long as it gets fixed?

The last time I brought the reel in to Aikmans for servicing. I left it there for a few months, but the part was back ordered and never came in. I emailed several times and was given a new reel. This was at least 2 years ago. Aikmans is no longer an official service center for pure fishing products. I was told this time around that I would need to order parts from an official service center, the nearest one now being in Orillia, which is substantially further away that missisuaga.

It was my fault that the reel broke in two places, and all I want to do is order parts to fix it myself. It seems like pure fishing is not in the business of producing spare parts for its reels, while from everything that I have heard shimano is more than happy to provide spare parts. If I am spending 200 plus on a reel I want to be able to order spare parts for it.

Just to be clear I asked to order parts for the reel and the said that they have outsourced this part of their business. I would like to be able to order reel prats directly from the manufacturer. I would prefer to not have to send the reel in anywhere as I am able to fix it myself.

Edited by fishgreg