Starting to plan our yearly fly-in

chris.brock

Dad, brother, cousin and myself do a yearly fly-in fishing trip. We like to hit a new place every year. I know there's alot of small operation outfitters out there, maybe a native guy with a camp he rents out, or a Mom and Pop operation without a website. We've been doing this trip for around 10 years, so we've done the online research and know of all the bigger outfitters, but we're always looking for the diamond in the rough.

We like

-bigger lakes and rivers with lots to explore (ie a 5km long lake won't cut it)

-portage lakes are a bonus

-walleye and pike a must, lakers or brookies a bonus

will drive as far as Nakina, maybe Armstrong, or 15 hours from the GTA into Quebec

let me know if anyone has some ideas

thanks

Dad, brother, cousin and myself do a yearly fly-in fishing trip. We like to hit a new place every year. I know there's alot of small operation outfitters out there, maybe a native guy with a camp he rents out, or a Mom and Pop operation without a website. We've been doing this trip for around 10 years, so we've done the online research and know of all the bigger outfitters, but we're always looking for the diamond in the rough.

We like

-bigger lakes and rivers with lots to explore (ie a 5km long lake won't cut it)

-portage lakes are a bonus

-walleye and pike a must, lakers or brookies a bonus

will drive as far as Nakina, maybe Armstrong, or 15 hours from the GTA into Quebec

let me know if anyone has some ideas

thanks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

tdunn and myself know some of these guys... i think tylers been to their camp...they are some of canada's most regarded guides up north and have since opened their own outpost. it's not fly in however, it's train in. not sure if that disqualifies them but they are really good guys.

http://www.ontarionorthfishing.com/

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus