New car stereo

jedimaster

Well, I normally am not a fan of Sony car audio stuff. I have had some pretty big setups, and prefer alpine and Infinity almost bey default. However, I wanted to specifically meet a few needs. 1) Bluetooth, 2)front audio jack 3)Clock....

SO in my 2000 corolla that doesnt come with a clock, and has a stock cd player with no clock. Its been a constant annoyance.

Anyway I looked around, and wanted to limit this purchase. I ended up buy a Sony BT2900 from future Shop for 129 bucks on sale. Installed it and wow. I am very impressed by sony on this one. It even streams MP3's direct from by blackberry torch to the deck. No wires. It lets you scroll through the phone book to make calls, or use any of the voice commands all with a single press of the big easy to see hands free button. Also when listening to music and you get a call, it automatically mutes the audio and displays the call display on the deck. Also came with a full function remote control that I will never use(tossed it in the glove box).

The sound is also noticiably louder and crisper(I had replaced the factory speakers with alpines front and back a while ago)

Considering I was going to buy a clock for 30 bucks, and a blue tooth hands free device for 80 bucks, and an FM Transmitter for 70 bucks. I am super happy with this radio so far.

So if your in the market give it a try... and no I don't work for future shop, or sony.

Have a good one... Back to the hockey game.