new gear review

GBW

Hey all.

So I picked up a brand new Compre drop shot rod, a Stadic FJ 2500 and a Sellus rod recently and here is my review on them.

The new FJ, :thumbsup_anim: I haven't even cast this thing yet but the looks and feel of it is just stellar! Same can be said for the 2011/2012 Compre rod's. the two together have the best ballance I have ever held.

The Sellus on the other hand isn't what I was expecting. I ordered a 7' med rod and it feels like a mh rod and the grip is just set up wrong for a spinning rod. You need to have your whole hand infront of the spinning reel to have any of your fingers on the cork. I don't have small hands either so for anyone with a hand smaller then a large to xl glove this might not be for you as the only thing you will hold is your reel and the reel seat.

Other then that, the rod does look nice for the price. I'm just glad it's a back-up to a back-up...

Nice setup. I have the stradic 2500 FI and a casting compre rod (paired with a curado). You can't go wrong with Shimano!

what are you doing up now on a Sunday? LOL I have my son's hockey at 10 and daughters a 4:30, I might sneek in a fish inbetwen if you can... :whistling:

The new 2011/2012 rod's are real sharp looking but I just don't care for the EVA grip all that much.

Edited by GBW

My kids are young......I'm up at 530-6am everyday! LOL...........I can't remember when i slept in past 630am.

Geoff looks like rain early in the week.....hmmmm? As for this afternoon....impossible.

MTB - I try not to look or touch the Loomis rods. I need to invest into my kids education fund. Lol.

My kids are young......I'm up at 530-6am everyday! LOL...........I can't remember when i slept in past 630am.

Geoff looks like rain early in the week.....hmmmm? As for this afternoon....impossible.

MTB - I try not to look or touch the Loomis rods. I need to invest into my kids education fund. Lol.

Ah well, I tried... :whistling: