Temagami Ice Fishing

bobowski

I'm planning a trip with the guys this year for some ice fishing. Last year we went to Nipissing and stayed in an ice cabin for the weekend at the end of February. At that time the bite had really slowed down. We didn't end up catching much except for a few Perch and Mudpuppies. Even though the fishing was slow to say the least we had a great time and are planning to do it again this year. I have heard good things about Temagami, so we have decided that this will be our destination this year. Does anyone know of any good operators that have Ice cabins that can accommodate 6-12 people? We are not picky at all. We basically just need a heated place to sleep and eat. But this year we also want to catch some quality fish. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

hey terry and lloyd. i was one of the guys with gonefishin last year up at loon lodge that you met up with. loon lodge had everything we needed really and the fishing was decent, no monsters but enough action to keep you busy. chumming the holes seemed to really make the difference.

after lights out its ling after ling after ling. one evening we caught 4 small lakers during the middle of the night but other than after it gets dark it turns into lingfest.

he has 3 cabins in a row. i think one is a 6 man and 2 others are 4 man. i know he books up quickly, in fact most weekends were booked last year before we even left the place. he may have other huts elsewhere on the lake. definetely worth giving him a call.

Edited by Lunkerhunter

I'm planning a trip with the guys this year for some ice fishing. Last year we went to Nipissing and stayed in an ice cabin for the weekend at the end of February. At that time the bite had really slowed down. We didn't end up catching much except for a few Perch and Mudpuppies. Even though the fishing was slow to say the least we had a great time and are planning to do it again this year. I have heard good things about Temagami, so we have decided that this will be our destination this year. Does anyone know of any good operators that have Ice cabins that can accommodate 6-12 people? We are not picky at all. We basically just need a heated place to sleep and eat. But this year we also want to catch some quality fish. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have not fished Temagami yet but I have hear GREAT things about Blue Haven Lodge. Ice bungalows, ice huts and very comfortable cottages. From what I am told the owner (Mackey) is an exceptional host. It's on a small island just 800 yards from the mainland.

Hope this helps, give them a call.

Crazyfisher