Rice Lake Help

Dan668

Never fished the lake before. A friend of mine is renting a boat from Musky Bay Resort (its their 2nd time fishing, they just got into it this late into the season.)

I have my own boat, a 18 foot lund, is their a launch at that location and how much does it cost? Or am i better off launching elsewhere? I plan to meet up with my buddies though.

Any fishing tips on rice this late in the year. I usually fish pigeon lake so am not familiar with the lake at all. Been heading out for musky the past 2 weeks. Hit simcoe last week but got skunked on bass. Was thinking of Simcoe this week but with 20km winds i dont want to fish in 4 footers again. Im looking to catch whatever bites lol.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

went to rice about a week ago and we caught over a dozen walleye and lost a bunch. we used minnows and jigheads fished very slow close to the bottom. look for anywhere from 7 to 15 feet of water, thats where we hit them. you can launch right out of bj tackle and marina in bewdley. straight from the launch all you have to do is drive straight and you will be in the best spot in the area.(its right in the middle of the bay)

hope this helps

Peter

There is a boat launch ramp at Muskie Bay Resort. In the photo on that linked page you can see a part of the ramp in the lower right corner. I don't know how much it costs to launch, but it's $20 a day for dock space - so that might include launch fees? I don't own a boat but I rent boats from them quite often. The owner is a nice guy and his prices for accommodations and boat rentals are very competitive.