Brennan Harbour Lodge

gordy28

hey there,

Realize I am a first time poster, and its soliciting information instead of giving but here goes:

We are looking at doing a trip in early to mid September next year

Right now we are toying between Lady Evelyn (either island 10 or Garden Island) - we have fished both before or going to Brennan Harbour Lodge. Love the idea that brennan would be new to us and the fact that it looks very different from lady E

We are 4 guys who really want to fish and have a chance at numbers of quality bass, walleye and pike

I know what we can get at Lady E but we are interested in a change of pace.

I have read almost all of the post on the board about Brennan Harbour and almost all are positive but few get into actual fishing success.

We would be okay with getting a guide for the first few days to learn the water but what I really want to know is:

Is the resort more of a nice family place where the fishing is okay or is it a great lodge where you can really whack em even on your first time (also like the fact that you have a chance at a musky)

If anyone can share their experience of the fishing it would be greatly appreciated

And so I'm not seen as just a taker :dunno: if anyone wants some info on Lady E - fire away

Thanks

Gordy

Brennan Harbour is on the North Channel of Lake Huron so the variety of fish you can catch is enormous. Classed as trophy musky water, the keeper limit is 54 inches. You're right by the mouth of the Spanish River so steelhead and salmon are possible in September. Watch the weather, if you get a good west wind, you'll get some monster waves rolling right by Brennan Harbour and up the river. If that happens, stay in the bay and catch some pike.

Brennan Harbour is on the North Channel of Lake Huron so the variety of fish you can catch is enormous. Classed as trophy musky water, the keeper limit is 54 inches. You're right by the mouth of the Spanish River so steelhead and salmon are possible in September. Watch the weather, if you get a good west wind, you'll get some monster waves rolling right by Brennan Harbour and up the river. If that happens, stay in the bay and catch some pike.

Thanks for the info - very helpful

• 5 weeks later...

Bump thumbsup_anim.gif Anyone else have opinions on the quality of fishing ?

Update:

We have booked Brennan Harbour Lodge for Sept 1 - 8th

This option just worked the best for our group, and overall have heard nothing but positive reviews about the body of water and the lodge owners

Plus the price is right - we are going American Plan, upgrading boats (17 foot Lund outfitters with full floor, casting platform and 30 HP yahama electric start) and will have 1 day guided per boat for $1100 per guy including taxes

Thanks for everyones input - will probably be trolling for tips closer to the trip!

Asked for a new digital camera for Christmas so ideally I'll post a good trip report as well

Cheers

Gordy

Update:

We have booked Brennan Harbour Lodge for Sept 1 - 8th

This option just worked the best for our group, and overall have heard nothing but positive reviews about the body of water and the lodge owners

Plus the price is right - we are going American Plan, upgrading boats (17 foot Lund outfitters with full floor, casting platform and 30 HP yahama electric start) and will have 1 day guided per boat for $1100 per guy including taxes

Thanks for everyones input - will probably be trolling for tips closer to the trip!

Asked for a new digital camera for Christmas so ideally I'll post a good trip report as well

Cheers

Gordy

Pretty steep for $1100 per guy. You could have went on a flyin with awesome fishing for less that that. :whistling:

Pretty steep for $1100 per guy. You could have went on a flyin with awesome fishing for less that that. whistling.gif

As with any question/comment - it dependsrolleyes.gif

We looked at a few fly ins that came under $1000 - but all involved a 8 - 12 hour drive and in many cases you got a roof over your head and not much else

We have been two 3 different lodges on Lady Evelyn and the price for an American Plan was about $1200 and that doesnt include guides or a boat as nice as we will get at Brennan Harbour

Anyway- ideally this is one of many annual trips our group will embark on as the kids get older - so any comparative places/trip ideas are welcome

Cheers

As with any question/comment - it dependsrolleyes.gif

We looked at a few fly ins that came under $1000 - but all involved a 8 - 12 hour drive and in many cases you got a roof over your head and not much else

We have been two 3 different lodges on Lady Evelyn and the price for an American Plan was about $1200 and that doesnt include guides or a boat as nice as we will get at Brennan Harbour

Anyway- ideally this is one of many annual trips our group will embark on as the kids get older - so any comparative places/trip ideas are welcome

Cheers

pm me closer to the date....I'm usually floating about there that time of year as well! Good call on the upgraded boat....can get rough out there at times. 1100 hundred aint bad at all for the boats and your meals too! Sounds like a hassle free week to me. Enjoy. The resort looks really nice, but considering I'm local to the area I've never been there overnight.

ps. you're only a mile or so from a liquor store too!