any one use Raymarine DS400x

Handlebarz

I have been looking for a long time now at fish finders and thought that a few times I had the right one picked out but now another person has told me about the Raymarine DS400x but I had not heard of Raymarine before so I thought I would poll the mob and see what you all think og there products.

It will be used 90% troling musky on LSC in 14-17 FOW at 3.5-4.5 MPH I want a color finder with a wide beam so that is why I have been so pickey OH yeh I also dont want to break the bank on one. thanks fer the help in advance.

I've never seen a fishing boat with one, but they have been around for awhile and the units look amazing, I've thought of getting one to, my dad's buddy has a Raymarine GPS on his tug boat and it's very similar to a Lowrance, you would probably have to own one before you could decide what's better, but I doubt you would be disappointed with either.

I heard they are used mainly on comercial side but are getting more attention on the fishing side now I guess alot of the fishing boats use them I guess a tug would be along the same line.

I think I might give them a try who knows I know I need to choose in the next week or so

Tough call EH, you already know Lowrance has established a name for themselves, the Raymarine is not as popular so it would be a little bit of a gamble, but it could also be better you never know. Let us know how it is if you end up getting that unit, I'm interested in them to.

I guess the main thing would be to make sure they accept all the cards for your area, if your getting the gps combo.