Blackstone Harbour, Moon River

spinnerbaitking

Hey Guys

I have a buddy that wants to fish the Blackstone Harbour this Saturday, we fished the Moon river 20 years ago & were below the Falls & down as far as a Camp on the north shore, not a big area, we are taking 2 boats he'll be trolling quite a bit & I'll be casting most of the time, putting in at the Moon River Marina we hope & heading into the Blackstone Harbour for the day, I'll be casting the shore line & islands & Dave will be trolling the bay mostly, my boat will be throwing mostly mid sized Bass Baits even smaller Swimwizz & Bucktails & they will be trolling Musky Baits mostly, I'm thinking we should be catching Pike & Bass in there also, general info would be GREATLY Appreciated

Thanx & Tight Lines SBK

I would launch out of Woodsbay Marina, right next door to Moon River Marina. Moon River Marina is a RIP OFF! James Grisdale runs the show at Woodsbay Marina, hes an awesome guy with plenty of knowledge to share on the fishing. PM for his number. The fishing can be tough for most species at times, but I tend to find the occasional bigun in Captain Allan Strait heading into Iron City Bay. the boating in this area is about as sketchy as it gets so proceed with caution!

The moon river basin is one of tge toughest spots around to hook a musky... Very low density, but still some big fish. Fished there on the weekend... Few nice pike on weedlines, and smallies on rock structure. ( be careful, that part of Georgian isnt charted, and loves to eat props!) can go from 80 fow to 3 ft

Real quick....

I would definitely fish Woods Bay on the way over to Blackstone. You might remember to be careful of the entrance to Blackstone, it's a little tight. I fish jerkbaits about 90% of the time, and they work for me but won't tell you what to throw, so you can make up your own mind, but white, silver and perch colours work for me for bass and pike in those waters, and black for big fish. Good Luck!

Hey Addy79

Do you have Woodsbay Marina phone number, I've tried to get it from Yellowpages.ca but no luck so far, even tried James Grisdale with no lick

Thanx & Tight Lines SBK

I would launch out of Woodsbay Marina, right next door to Moon River Marina. Moon River Marina is a RIP OFF! James Grisdale runs the show at Woodsbay Marina, hes an awesome guy with plenty of knowledge to share on the fishing. PM for his number. The fishing can be tough for most species at times, but I tend to find the occasional bigun in Captain Allan Strait heading into Iron City Bay. the boating in this area is about as sketchy as it gets so proceed with caution!