Tobermorey to Midland by water non stop

Skipper D

Hey Skipper

A 'LOT' will depend on weather conditions!!

But

If you get a good day with not much wind I would head due East out of Tobermory, then set a course for Giants Toomb.

Once you have Giants Toomb in sight head to the South tip keeping Hope and Beckwith to the starboard and well off Giants Toomb.

Round the South tip of Giants Toomb and Head East towards Beausoliel

Pick up the Markers on the West side of Beausoliel and that will take you into Midland.

OR

If you want a more interesting/scenic trip which is sheltered from the wind Head over to Parry Sound and pick up the small craft route at Rose Island or further south at Frying Pan(Stop at Henry's for some Fish and Chips) or further south yet at Odonnel Point, which is Twelve Mile Bay and follow that down to the top/North end of Beausoliel and from there pick up the markers to the west of Beausoliel and into Midland.

Have Fun and Play Safe

Rick

More good advice , thank you Rick . The joys of unfamiliar waters . I've printed some of thease off to take with me , last word this morning from the guy who has brought the boat up out of Michigan to Rogers City is hoping to leave port if the weather window permits in the morning and make for the 14 hour trip across to Tobermory . Then it will be my turn to catch the right window and bring her in after all the nessary preperations have been made to complete the trip . The camera will be on for the hole way and hopefuly i get to make it back here with every thing in one peice for show and tell .

Could'nt asked for a better day yesterday , ner glass clam day , had no more the 3"'s of chop off and on , made twenty nots all the way , burnt around 150 gallons and brought it thru the islands then from light house to light house and down then into Midland , the big tub is parked safe and sound and no sore butt cheeks on this ride .Thanks Wayne & Rick for the wise advice .

Good to see you made it safe and sound!!! The water on GBAY was gorgeous this weekend. We managed a little cruise on Friday afternoon and it was great. 150 gallons of gas, not too bad considering the distance you travelled and the speed you went. Must have been purrty nice out there.