A heads up for those who live in or drive through Vaughan

I've been caught by this a few times....not gotten a ticket but if a police officer was there I would have. If they are going to change the speed

limit, why don't they use temporary Orange or Red signs that are larger than the white standard signs to let people know it has changed, instead of them finding out via a ticket.

When I drive in an area I been driving in for a while, I know the posted speed limit so I will check less to confirm. When I am driving through an unfamiliar area I look for speed signs often.

Seems money grabbing to post a new speed limit with out anyone knowing and then handing out tickets.

Orange signs represent construction zones/temporary conditions and full red background is only used on stop signs. A feasible solution would be to add that "new" sign to the existing speed limit sign for a few months until motorists become familiar with the speed limit change. For those concerned, write a letter to whomever is in jurisdiction of the roadway, I bet they will erect the "new" tab signs.

Thanks for the heads up FnA. That route will be an alternate route to Caledon. We are making the the drive up 50 during a 5:30 departure from downtown on Thursday, then continue onwards to the cottage for the weekend. Let's see how long it will take us. I will definitely keep my eyes posted for the limits on both routes.