Cottage Rental Help - Thanksgiving weekend

eman

hey everypone,

just wondering if anyone had suggestions for cottages or resorts rentals for Thanksgiving weekend?

Even websites or small lakes or areas will help narrow down my search.

Was possibly thinking Couchaching or Muskoka.

My wife wants to go upnorth to spend a quiet weekend and enjoy some hiking in fall, and of course I would like to get away for a little fishing. I have a canoe so a small lake would be bette,r but I could always rent a boat.

Since I'll be spending the thanksgiving saturday with the inlaws it will only be two days (sunday and monday) A resort might be a cheaper otion because I'll have to pay the whole weekend for a cottage.

All suggestions and comments welcome.

thanks in adavce

You could try some places near/inside Algonquin park along the highway 60 corridor starting in Huntsville at the west gate to Whitney at the east gate. Plenty of hotels, motels, cottages, inns and resorts along this route. AP is great for hikes, canoeing and fishing [keep in mind, the brook and lake trout fishing season will have ended by then, but everything else is open]. Might be hard to find somewhere with availability though as it's a very popular destination in the fall.

hey everypone,

just wondering if anyone had suggestions for cottages or resorts rentals for Thanksgiving weekend?

Even websites or small lakes or areas will help narrow down my search.

Was possibly thinking Couchaching or Muskoka.

My wife wants to go upnorth to spend a quiet weekend and enjoy some hiking in fall, and of course I would like to get away for a little fishing. I have a canoe so a small lake would be bette,r but I could always rent a boat.

Since I'll be spending the thanksgiving saturday with the inlaws it will only be two days (sunday and monday) A resort might be a cheaper otion because I'll have to pay the whole weekend for a cottage.

All suggestions and comments welcome.

thanks in adavce

Check out the Fern Resort

I went to http://www.thebirches.ca/ on Labor day weekend. its right on Lake Joseph in the Muskokas

you have the option of renting a full cabin or stay in the Bed & Breakfast.

- The B&B is really nice. My wife (typical city girl) and 4 year old daughter (princess diva in the making) found it VERY comfortable.

- there are 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom cottages for rent

- You can rent a 12-14'er with a 10hp motor for the day - but they also have a launch for your own boat.

- there is a firepit on the property

PS - the website makes it look very dated and dingy - but we were pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the property is