Armed with a Canoe and SUV

MichaelAngelo

Hello guys I'm back at this!

My friend and I are looking for an adventure. We're from Toronto, looking for a piking spot not more than a few hours away that we can hit with our canoe for one or two days.

Lake Ontario: We've fished Frenchmen's bay in July/August with no luck whatsoever. I saw one guy catch a Freshwater Drum... that's it.

Lake Simcoe: Looking for something smaller to take the canoe out onto... smaller and calmer.

Anybody got a choice lake in the Kawarthas or something? A lake that isn't all private. A lot of them are. If we just pick a random lake on Google Maps we might get stuck with private property.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I like wilderness. We wouldn't hesitate to pack a tent and portage. My first and only pike was caught portaging in Killarney PP.

Edited by MichaelAngelo

Head up the 400 to the Mass provincial park. Canoe into Port Rawson Bay and enjoy the fishing and the scenery. PS you have to canoe all your gear inTent food etc.

Perfect! Just the advice I'm looking for. Adding it to the to-do list. Now, anybody know anyplace we can tackle as a day-trip? Within 1 or 2 hr drive?