Fishing in markham? Rouge river?

wask

Hey guys I just moved to markham, which is a far cry from the kawarthas fishing wise.

I saw the rouge river (I think) - is it fishable?

I live close to 9th line and 7 - any other recommendations close? Prefer bass but will fish for anything - lol.

Thanks

Hey guys I just moved to markham, which is a far cry from the kawarthas fishing wise.

I saw the rouge river (I think) - is it fishable?

I live close to 9th line and 7 - any other recommendations close? Prefer bass but will fish for anything - lol.

Thanks

I fished it years ago. Brown trout, rainbow trout, small mouth bass (if they dont swim out to lake) Salmon, carp. I even caught a pike and saw an eel there.

A record brown was caught out there many years ago.

I have been as far north as Steeles on it (carp carp and more big carp)

I fished down from the Toronto Zoo and would walk from there to hwy2 and always wanted to fish up in the markham area but I think that it may not be so good up there.

I would not eat anything from it.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the reply on this and the pms guys - anyone else have any insight into fishing in Markham? I live near the hospital near 9th line and 7.

Thanks! Hope it was ok to dig up this old thread.

I fished it years ago. Brown trout, rainbow trout, small mouth bass (if they dont swim out to lake) Salmon, carp. I even caught a pike and saw an eel there.

A record brown was caught out there many years ago.

I have been as far north as Steeles on it (carp carp and more big carp)

I fished down from the Toronto Zoo and would walk from there to hwy2 and always wanted to fish up in the markham area but I think that it may not be so good up there.

I would not eat anything from it.