fishing at valens/christies

coolwater

Thanks guys, no boat, so I think I'll give Valens a try.

I think you can still rent paddleboats at Valens and fish around the island.

Christie has several stocked ponds, call them first to find out the last time they stocked them. Very light line, small hook, corn, worms and waxworms.

Or save the admission fees and go down to Pier 4 Park or Bayfront Park in Hamilton and he may have a lot of fun there too. Lots of comfortable shoreline spots at Bayfront with shade and picnic tables.

I echo Pikehunters words. Hammy Harbour has tons of shore access and you could take the fella for a pop at Williams or for fries at Hutch's. Binbrook Conservation Area is also close to ya. Took my nephew's little guy there last weekend. Nice long deck to fish from near the boat launch.

Just a couple other options for ya to confuse matters. lol

Edited by Mike Pike

Thanks again for all your input. We tried Valens but the shoreline was choked with weeds and the bridge produced not one bite. Tried some of the fishing docks but they were enclosed with weed growth. Lost lots of sinkers and hooks. Probably try Christie next time based on what the Pikehunter had to say. We went to Binbrook the same day, caught a lot of small sunfish and bass (verrry small lol), but will likely try there again off the docks. Great site, and we appreciate all the suggestions you fellas have.

Thanks again for all your input. We tried Valens but the shoreline was choked with weeds and the bridge produced not one bite. Tried some of the fishing docks but they were enclosed with weed growth. Lost lots of sinkers and hooks. Probably try Christie next time based on what the Pikehunter had to say. We went to Binbrook the same day, caught a lot of small sunfish and bass (verrry small lol), but will likely try there again off the docks. Great site, and we appreciate all the suggestions you fellas have.

I grew up around Christies and fished there alot as kid and into my teens. The stocked trout ponds produced very few fish over the years. Caught a few largemouth bass by the dam but that was along time ago. They constantly are draining the lake, so weeds rarely get a chance to grow. I have seen the lake drained and there is zero structure. Probably the worsdt option of the three but I haven't been back in at least 5 years.

Binbrook is your best option. I have caught largies on the rocks by the dam and a bunch of eatable crappies too. I usually go there once or twice a year cause has a lot of shore fishing. Bass - small crankbaits and blue fox spinners. crappies - little jigs.

Valens had fish many years ago but the last two times I went I got skunked.....I have no faith in that place.