Have you ever met someone

mercman

About a month ago, i busted up my prop on the Franny.A member posted on my thread that he knew exactly where it musta happened.

I PMed him, and sure enough, he knew.worthy.gif We began Getting to know eachother, and before i knew it, we became friends.

This young fellow offered to take me and the wife to his Perching grounds near Lancaster, and i said that maybe some day he would help me get my first Musky.

His answer was to the point, and i accepted it."I don't mind taking you for perch, but Musky...well you have to earn that"

We met Mike and Marrissa, fished for a bit and he seemed appologetic that the perch weren't cooperating."How about a shore lunch, and maybe get you your Musky?" I was beside myself.clapping.gif

He cooked us up a meal of fresh local Walleye and fresh salad. Got to meet his Dad too, and was impressed, down to earth and very friendly.

After lunch, we packed the boat and headed out.It was a rough ride on the 2-3 foot waves whipped up by a 20-30 kmh west wind. Got our lures out, rods locked down, and away we went.

He talked the whole time we were out there of his love of fishing and the outdoors, how he studied the fish he hunted, how he knew where they would be and why.He talked about the history of the area, and how fishing had changed over the years.I couldnt help thinking to myself how this young man was so much wiser than his 26 years.

Long story short, within an hour, i had my Muskyclapping.gif

Now the reason for this thread. I feel honored to be this Mikes friend. Whe bridged the age gap, like it was not even there.I am 30 years his senior, and i learned from him, and am still learning from him today.

I feel that he is destined to become someone great and respected in the Angling world.Whether it is guiding or Professional fishing,he will be someone we all talk about somed day.With experience and time, he could rival some of the great Musky hunters like Pete Maina and Mark Thorpe.All he needs is to become recognized, and get his name noticed.

If anyone wants to be guided by this young fellow, i, through experience,would have no trouble recommending him for a garanteed fantastic experience, and lots of fish.

Tite Lines MikeGonefishing.gif

Glad to know you and call you friend.

Nice Paul.

I am currently in the same situation with a North Bay guide named Danny Colomby. Dan has already made a pretty good name for himself with big time muskie guys like Marc Thorpe, Pete Mania, and Larry Ramsell.

Even though he has a policy about not taking locals out to his good spots (for fear they will be over-run through word of mouth) I have been out with him twice as a friend. We have yet to land a muskie, and I will reward him when I do land one, the knowledge he has shared is priceless. He is a great entertainer when on the water with talk of muskie, his strategies, history of the area, and fish stories. I feel amazed to call him my friend.

Feel free to check out his website included in my signature. I am not pushing his guiding service in this thread but check it out for his excellent gallery of muskie, pike, and alternate species pictures, most of which came from Nipissing. I would be more then willing to reccomend him or join a charter with another member one day.

Danny is also a very talented musician. He plays in a band and writes music for television shows.

Nice post Paul I have heard alot of great things about Mike from other members if anyone is looking to learn about muskies out your way they should be contacting him for sure. Also his rates seem very reasonable for people wanting to get out chasing musky guys down here are $450 for two man days and over $700 for some bigger boats.

Kudoes to ya Mike it sounds like your on the right track out there just keep on the high road its a tough one but it will be the best one.