Ennismore Lodge

ski88

It's ghost town, I don't see any leadership going on there. I don't think that the new owner followed Gary and Judy's advice on doing the show circuit in the states to keep it full.

I get saddened everytime I go by the place in my boat. It used to be a hopping place full of tourists that had visited for generations.

The guy who bought the property from Gary & Judy was originally gonna subdivide the property and build houses. He ran the resort into the ground for a couple of seasons and is now leasing it out to the teen leadership people. How much it gets used I don't know, I usually only pass by at the end of the road, there is a nice new shiny sign.

It's a shame really, as Jimmer said, the place used to be hopping, full of fishermen from as far as Colorado.

Yes, the new owner made a BIG mistake. That lodge had a great reputation and what appeared to be a relatively large American client base. It's too bad.

I rented a boat from there after the new owner took over several years ago, and wow, what a mess. I guess he just got in over his head.

I imagine it's probably going to be up for sale again in the near future.