Fishing on Cliff Lake

jburp

Can anyone tell me how the fishing is on Cliff Lake, in Perrault Falls Ontario. We are supposed to go there for 1 week this June and a friend of mine told me there were little to no fish there. What has been your experience. What did you catch if anything. Thanks

I really don't think that it is fair to say that there are little to no fish. I do believe that there are much better lakes to catch fish. This lake has access from a paved road, has a few lodges on it, and as a result it has much pressure. I know that it is deep and has some lakers, with the usual walleye (sorry, pickerel) and northern population. One can catch fish there, but some times it can be very difficult to find them.

I would not worry too much. I truly believe that my week in Canada this year will be a wonderful success even if I do not catch a single fish. I will be with friends, not working, and surrounded by a beautiful country with animals I do not see in Iowa. Yup, I really like to catch fish, though. Catching fish only makes it better, if possible.

Good luck.

Roy

My old neighbour owned a tourist camp on Cliff Lake for about 5 years and he tells me that it was decent fishing but if you are looking for walleye, try another lake. Cliff Lake is known for it's lake trout and bass and he tells me it is a fabulous lake for muskie. Although there is a public landing right on the highway, it can only handle a couple vehicle parked there because it is next to a swamp and there is no place to park any more than a couple vehicles with trailers.