Ear Falls shore fishing

turtle

I will be up at Ear Falls on Lac Seul for a moose hunt this October, my second time up there. Last year fished the outflow of the hydro dam right in town, caught a few small pike only. Was told there is/was a good whitefish run but its all timing and also you now cant get closer to the dam where the whitefish were caught.

Any suggestions on other shore fishing options in the area in October? Please PM if you dont want to post a specific location. Thanks in advance.

I will be up at Ear Falls on Lac Seul for a moose hunt this October, my second time up there. Last year fished the outflow of the hydro dam right in town, caught a few small pike only. Was told there is/was a good whitefish run but its all timing and also you now cant get closer to the dam where the whitefish were caught.

Any suggestions on other shore fishing options in the area in October? Please PM if you dont want to post a specific location. Thanks in advance.

Well..."in the area" might be relative. If you head 30km north out of town on the logging road to the decommissioned South Bay mine there are a few road culverts connecting lakes that will produce some pretty surprising pike. If you could get a hold of a canoe, there is one in particular that would provide fly-in quality walleye fishing. ;)

Edited by JTorra