Fishing Muskoka(Utterson) this weekend

cityfisher

Hi all,

Spending the weekend up in the utterson area and want to check out some of the area lakes. Fishing and swimming with the wife.

I figure I can hit 2-4 lakes over the weekend.

Any recommendations?....

Three Mile? Skeleton? Rouseau? Mary Lake? Young lake

You've got very small and very large lakes listed there....what kind of boat do you have? Pretty sure you have a place on 3 Mile, from your posts earlier in the season....largies were super aggressive in the shallow weeds last weekend.... ;)

Rosseau can be great for lakers if you can get down to 40-50 feet....also great smallie fishing on typical stucture....rocky points, steep drops, etc

You've got very small and very large lakes listed there....what kind of boat do you have? Pretty sure you have a place on 3 Mile, from your posts earlier in the season....largies were super aggressive in the shallow weeds last weekend.... ;)

Rosseau can be great for lakers if you can get down to 40-50 feet....also great smallie fishing on typical stucture....rocky points, steep drops, etc

yup have a place near 3 mile but never checked out the other area lakes.

I actually never been on any of the area lakes since getting my place... Just messing around on the property with the atv !

I got a 18 foot Sea Ray Bowrider....Not exactly great for shallow bass fishing as it doesnt have a trolling motor.

Edited by cityfisher

Yep...you will be getting choked up with weeds pretty good....not too bad if you can drift along a weedline and use a paddle....but that's a big boat to paddle, and I think you'd end up buried in the weeds with them wrapped around the prop and lots of frustration. I marked a ton of stuff down at 20' trolling through Hammell's bay....but I think I should have been drifting, as I couldn't get bottom bouncers down too far....little 8hp just won't idle slow.

I've heard good things about smallmouth on Skeleton....but I've also heard people striking out big time. I don't know much about Mary...but the pike and bass on Vernon are supposed to be pretty good.

As for Young...used to be a nice quiet spot for skinnydipping....but it's a bit busier now....best if you keep the swimtrunks on. Tough to get anything more than 8-10inch smallies from shore there. Your boat will get down the hill no problem...but might not float once it gets to the water...and certainly won't be coming back up the hill :lol: