Two needed for 8/12-8/19 Fly In to Peninsular L.

rjbowin

Flying in to Peninsular Lake, friday 8/12 from Jelicoe, Ontario. 120 Miles north to Peninsular Lake. Have two in our party (+ 1 golden retriever) and the cabin sleeps 8. Have fished this lake for 8 years and I'll be your guide to for some of the best walleye and pike fishing anywhere. Only cabin on a 15 mile long lake a full 60 miles beyond the last logging road. If interested contact me at [email protected]

Roger Bowin

it is a great lake, I was there in June, there's 2 camps on it though, still plenty of water for everybody

Never been there in June. What was the weather and bug like? Last there in 2009 and the other camp was closed. If you ever need someone to fill a party keep me in mind. Our biggest problem is filling a foursome. Its only my son and I, one boat on that lake is a lonesome place. Take pictures? I have past trips posted on Flickr. Email me and I'll send a link.

I posted this when I got back

flew into Peninsular Lk from Jellicoe, an outpost of Ara Lake Lodge, for a week, 4 guys

it's a giant lake with only 1 other camp, lots to explore, as well as the Attwood River dumping in and flowing out

765 fish total, including mostly walleye and pike, 8 brookies and 1 whitefish

a big year class of 21 and 22 inch walleye made the average walleye size great, in the evening, in some spots, fish could be caught on almost every cast

the bigger pike seemed to be MIA until the last day when we caught an 8, 9 and a 13.5 lbs fish, I'm guessing, fishing this week would produce alot of big pike if targeted, we were likely a week early

5 of the 8 brookies were over 2 lbs, we could have probably caught alot more, but we layed off them, they weren't releasing that well and we were catching and releasing them, they liked bigger baits like mepps #3, and larger cleos

we had a great trip, not a drop of rain, moderate wind, great sunsets, northern lights, wildlife (moose, eagles, a bear, a marten as well as a tame groundhog and a tame grey jay)

it's pricey but I would recommend the outfitter and the lake

I posted this when I got back

flew into Peninsular Lk from Jellicoe, an outpost of Ara Lake Lodge, for a week, 4 guys

it's a giant lake with only 1 other camp, lots to explore, as well as the Attwood River dumping in and flowing out

765 fish total, including mostly walleye and pike, 8 brookies and 1 whitefish

a big year class of 21 and 22 inch walleye made the average walleye size great, in the evening, in some spots, fish could be caught on almost every cast

the bigger pike seemed to be MIA until the last day when we caught an 8, 9 and a 13.5 lbs fish, I'm guessing, fishing this week would produce alot of big pike if targeted, we were likely a week early

5 of the 8 brookies were over 2 lbs, we could have probably caught alot more, but we layed off them, they weren't releasing that well and we were catching and releasing them, they liked bigger baits like mepps #3, and larger cleos

we had a great trip, not a drop of rain, moderate wind, great sunsets, northern lights, wildlife (moose, eagles, a bear, a marten as well as a tame groundhog and a tame grey jay)

it's pricey but I would recommend the outfitter and the lake

What was the water level like? Were the rapids at the Addison high? Where did you catch the brookies?