Weird Day On The Water

nroadrunner

Today was the first time I have had the boat in the water this year, I have done some shore fishing but not much of that either. My Brother and I head to a small lake where the topwater frog action is usually all day long. AS we are loading the boat at 6 am fish are rising, rolling and jumping clear out of the water all around us. Perfect for topwater.....We threw every topwater bait we had poppers, spooks, jitterbugs, frogs nothing. Fish were jumping fromn 1 foot of water to as deep as 20 or more. They were eating bugs or spiders half the size of a dime. Some of the fish that were jumping were easy 4 lbs maybe more. It must take a boat load of those bugs to fill him up. We did catch a few bass not nearly as productive as usual. The largest being 3 1/2 lbs, most days on this lake see each of us landing at least one 4 lb largemouth. Landed about 12 largemouth and 2 smallmouth today in 7 hours. My brother was determined to use the frog today so no pictures of him as not a single fish landed on the frog. Several strikes and one all the way to the boat ( I gave him credit for that one), he caught a few on senkos but nothing he wanted a picture of.

Next time IU bring the fly rod.

Here are a few pictures thanks for the read.

MootLakeJuly162011016.jpg

MootLakeJuly162011011.jpg

MootLakeJuly162011012.jpg

MootLakeJuly162011013.jpg

MootLakeJuly162011014.jpg

MootLakeJuly162011015.jpg