3 lakes, 2 species, 9 hours of fishing.

Lip-ripper

Hey all, One of my first reports on this site so here goes.

I had a free weekend to head out with a fishing buddy of mine to focus on just FISHING. Not chores or anything to build so we were really looking forward to it.

Lake 1 - the morning - Headed out to try for some inland rainbows. I did really good a few years ago targeting them but have had a rough go of it of late. I tried throwing everything at them but to no avail... no takers. We did mark plenty of fish, they had lock-jaw though. After 4 hours of trolling we decided to pack it up and head a few km's away to target Lakers.

As we were packing up we heard snowmobiles... Exactly... snowmobiles? couldn't be... Well, when we got back to the landing, this is what we saw!

myles003.jpg

myles004.jpg

A couple kids were out ripping across the shallow part of the bay on there sleds... mixed feelings about it due to lake pollution but it was kinda neat to see. This was the 2nd time the MXZ had been sunk, they had already got it out of deeper water once and got it running again. After a quick chat we were on our way... no time to waste!

Lake 2 - The afternoon - About 30 minutes later we were set up for trolling. A mix of Williams spoons coupled with and without gang-trolls were on the menu and within 10 minutes a beauty 4 pounder was landed. 15 minutes later another small one hit and joined the party on the stringer. We were flatlining between 60-110 foot depths but were suspended. After a couple more hours we decided to call it for dinner and had a nice little bounty to show for our work.

myles008.jpg

Back to the camp for a quick bite...

myles009.jpg

Lake 3 - the Evening - After filling our faces we were re-juvinated and ready to target some feisty evening Smallies. The lake was glass so topwater was the first item to try. Nothing... rubber worms... nothing... raps... nothing... spoons?!!?

Here we go!

The first nice one was just under 3 lbs, a good sized bass and great fighter.

myles011-1.jpg

Not 3 casts later and this hog was landed! weighed in just under 4 and had a nice bulging gut on it. I actually got a video of the fight but due to darkness it was a touch too blurry to share. These smallmouth really give it their all!

myles014-2.jpg

After a few more little guys with some crazy acrobatics, the bugs came out and it was time to hydrate the sunburns with some cold ones so we called it a day... 9 hours of boat time, 3 lakes, 2 species...

Definitely a great day... thumbup.png

Good job lip-ripper. Still waiting for my invitation. Boat is sitting here ready to go.

We'll get out, I haven't been able to fish as many weekends as i usually do in the summer time. Lots of other stuff going on. Hopefully it'll slow down soon and we can get out to rip some lip!