Follow up to fuel gauge issue

In a previous post, I complained about the fuel gauge readings on my new Lund Rebel. It would not read accurately, but would show "full" when running down the lake, even with less than half a tank. Following up on suggestions from OFC members, I contacted the dealership mechanic that said it was normal and to read it sitting still and level. I also contacted LUND, but they never replied. Finally, I tested the gauge with an ohm meter as suggested and it worked. I then lifted the floor to expose the tank and sending unit figuring it was stuck. And there was the answer! The tank in the Lund Rebel is 7 ft long and only 4" thick. No wonder the gauge can't read accurately with such little room for the float. I now read the gauge sitting level. I debated putting in an "in-line" fuel metering system, but the 60 4 stroke get such great gas mileage that I'm not worried about running out. I'll live with the tank design issue. Thanks to all those that gave advice. Time to go fishing.

untitled-1-1.jpg

Well thankfully you're in better shape than me Al. thumbsup_anim.gif

I just tried to resolve my non functioning fuel guage issues this morning and got nowhere!

Mine reads empty all the time and everything checks out fine at the instrument panel but alas I can't get the floor up (long story).