River Smallies

bobowski

Since I had the day off work and Im not heading up north until tomorrow I couldn't stand the itch to get out and fish, so I decided to head down to the local river in search of some bass. It was a beautiful day out and it was so nice to wade in the water in my sandals while casting spinners in the slow moving pools. It was very peaceful. I ended up catching two small bass and a whole bunch of tiny suckers in about two hours.

Everyone of these little guys would make great Pike bait on Georgian Bay where im heading tomorrow for the weekend.

Picture880.jpg

Surprised at the strength of these little guys.

Picture878.jpg

Picture879.jpg

All in all it was a great day. Better then work. Tomorrow im off to the trailer on GBay until Monday. I will post a report of how i did.

There is nothing like a riversmallie for surprising you with it's fighting ability. I fish a stretch of river for rainbows all winter. When the smallies finally move up and I get the first one on a L action rod, I always think I have hit a monster rainbow. Always turns out to be a 14" smallie that fights harder than a 'bow much bigger. Southern Ontario is a haven for riversmallies.