which Trent Region lock produce most fish?

maybo

I am heading to Sandbanks Park in Prince Edward Country this week, is it fun place to visit?

any local interest you may share?

Also I want to have a little fishing while visiting there

which Trent Region lock produce most fish while fishing on the shore? musky, walleye, bass,carp, doesn't matter.

Any information is appreciated

From the Ontario Parks web site:

East Lake and West Lake have good populations of large and small mouth bass, walleye, pike and perch. Nearby Bay of Quinte is known as one of the best locations in North America for catching walleye. This eastern end of Lake Ontario also chinook salmon.

I am heading to Sandbanks Park in Prince Edward Country this week, is it fun place to visit?

any local interest you may share?

Also I want to have a little fishing while visiting there

which Trent Region lock produce most fish while fishing on the shore? musky, walleye, bass,carp, doesn't matter.

Any information is appreciated

I have only fished the river in sand banks that connects the two lakes. It has giant rock bass, Normal Bass ( large or small mouth, I can't remember) and Gar! At least that's all I caught, There may be more.

Places to check out specifically are anywhere up or down stream from the canoe rental hut, get between the lilly pads or down stream of the bridge near the rental hut, beside the rock cribs!

I caught everything using a smallish hook, and a white 2 inch mr. twister with a few split shot weights, reeling slowly.

My grandfather used to fish west lake for everything but he targeted eel... At least my mother remembers eating eal sandwiches as a kid. If you catch an eel now though, you got to throw it back!

thanks

I did not plan to fish in Sandbanks

Don't bother trying to fish in Sandbanks park. There is just Lake Ontario there and you have to have a boat and go way out in lake.

If you have a boat launch into Bay of Quinte at Trenton which isn't to far away.

If you want to shore fish Twelve O'Clock point a little south of Trenton, on Bay of Quinte, is pretty good for pike, bass, and walleye.

Don't bother trying to fish in Sandbanks park. There is just Lake Ontario there and you have to have a boat and go way out in lake.

If you have a boat launch into Bay of Quinte at Trenton which isn't to far away.

If you want to shore fish Twelve O'Clock point a little south of Trenton, on Bay of Quinte, is pretty good for pike, bass, and walleye.

Twelve O'Clock point...hmmm interesting name, where is it? can't find it on the google map though

I have only fished the river in sand banks that connects the two lakes. It has giant rock bass, Normal Bass ( large or small mouth, I can't remember) and Gar! At least that's all I caught, There may be more.

Places to check out specifically are anywhere up or down stream from the canoe rental hut, get between the lilly pads or down stream of the bridge near the rental hut, beside the rock cribs!

I caught everything using a smallish hook, and a white 2 inch mr. twister with a few split shot weights, reeling slowly.

My grandfather used to fish west lake for everything but he targeted eel... At least my mother remembers eating eal sandwiches as a kid. If you catch an eel now though, you got to throw it back!

thanks dude, but no eel please :)

Thank you so much

OFC rocks

I wonder if all the shore line alone that little canal can be fished? or any specific spot ?

That little canal is called Murray Canal. It connects Brighton Bay with Bay of Quinte. You can walk the length and fish it. Casting into Bay of Quinte at the west end seemed best. I've caught pike, bass, walleye and many panfish there.

get yourself a boat rental or canoe or build a raft or strap on some water wings and get yerself out into East lake. Soon as you come out of the river there are pencil reeds everywhere along the left side. Drift through and cast a spinnerbait ahead and you will be exhausted from the number of pike/bass you catch. Great numbers lake but not too many big ones around.