Spinnerbait Trial & Garden Update - Report

Leecher

Well folks, another long awaited time for me to finally get to try my spinnerbaits I had made last fall.... yesterday was the day, Paul and I targeted the Ottawa River in search of some Pike since bass was not open yet (June 23rd :blink::wallbash: ) for a couple of hours :)

The plan was to go today but the forecast calling for rain and thunderstorm got us to go yesterday after work... Rain was coming down lightly throughout the afternoon and as soon as I got home it was still raining but Paul's car and boat was parked in front of the house B) so I knew right then and there we were going out no matter what :good:

Got the gear out to the car and the way we go. Rain was still slightly coming down but it didn't matter... once at destination, got Paul's boat launched and I immediately tied on a white & pink tip spinnerbait :)

Haven't been in that part of the river a couple of years and it sure was nice to be back there :) Didn't take long for the action to start once we located them :good: We tried casting to shore but the weeds had grown to a phenomenal length so we decided to target the outside of the weed edge and low and behold they were there waiting to smash our offerings B)

We went 8 for 20 (snot rockets) :) Paul got 6 and I got 2 on my spinnerbait (chartreusse & orange tip) B) Paul even got an OOS LMB that was release at boat side (man if only it was 4 - 5 hours later :lol:)

All pike were released and not picture worthy but Paul got a shot of one I caught and I'm sure will post it later :) Right now, were into a thunderstorm and thankful we didn't decide to go out today :angel:

Now for some garden update.... well it's been a month since I planted the tomatoes, sweet peppers, wax beans, cucumbers and zucchinies.... here are the pics of it:

Tomatoes quatriple in size and have already started to blossom

IMGP2198.jpg

IMGP2199.jpg

Wax beans enjoyed the hot sun and came out to peek

IMGP2200.jpg

Peppers are doing great too

IMGP2201.jpg

Even have fruits on the plants

IMGP2202.jpg

Cucumbers started to run

IMGP2204.jpg

Zuchinnies are doing fine

IMGP2203.jpg

I even cut the top of the garlic to reinforce the heads

IMGP2205.jpg

Even the Macintosh apple tree is doing great

IMGP2206.jpg

Lots of fruits on it

IMGP2207.jpg

IMGP2208.jpg

That is all for now.... oh :o tomorrow is Québec National holiday and I have the day off B) Guess where I'm going.... yep out FISHING :D

Hope you enjoy

Tight lines

Leechman

Edited by Leechman