Fishing Kenogami River (north of Hearst) - help!

Jigster

Hello all,

I'm an oldtime member from whose now re-registered. Great to see the board is thriving!

Anywho, I just confirmed a trip with Hearst Air for some serious sprintime fishin. Always looking for that extra "wilderness" experience, I'm looking to boat the Kenogami River (put in is just west of Hearst) which flows north into the Albany River. and then get picked up by Hearst Air where the Kenogami/Albany intersect. I'll be roughin it (camping) but am hoping for some beautiful nature, and hopefully some larger pike and walleye along the way. Just wanting to see if anyone has fished the area or this acutal river (Kenogami) and has any advice!! I'm looking forward to this one...

Cheers

Shnaggs

Irishfield... you made me think of a coupla questions:

First, what's everyone's best method of shooing away bears when in deep wilderness?

Anyone have thoughts on river walleye & pike versus lake walleye and pike?

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Shnaggs

Irishfield... you made me think of a coupla questions:

First, what's everyone's best method of shooing away bears when in deep wilderness?

Anyone have thoughts on river walleye & pike versus lake walleye and pike?

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Shnaggs

Fished a fair bit up north and I'll say, I think river walleye are better fighters than lake walleye... if both were being fished in slack water, and were the same pound for pound. River pike vs lake pike are about even, but, if they escape to current they can obviously become a little tougher.

Heard good things of Hearst Air too. A guy like Solopaddler may have info on that area as he's canoed up and around large parts of the Albany.

Not sure if I can ever get enough Wayne......

The fishing at Fushimi was just what you'd want it to be on a trip...we caught lots of fish, ate fish, and had a great time. We were there in May last year. This year we're going up at the end of August.

dk