Lake Temagami

DanD

I’m heading up to Temagami for a week, leaving on bass opener morning for the drive up.

This will be the first time in about 15 or more year that I won’t be fishing Long Point Bay on bass opener.

That’s what got me thinking about my VHS radio and the cannels that we monitor while out on the bay. Yes channel 16 of course but a lot of the locals that I know also monitor channels 68 & 69. They’re the go to channels for local gossip and news of what’s happening on the bay.

Do the Temagami locals have such a thing, a channel(s) on VHS where they go just to talk and tell tails?

Or is it like the West Arm, where the only things being broadcast are the weather channels? I don’t think I’ve ever heard any hailing calls/talk on 16 in all the years of going to the West Arm?

I always thought that it was strange why the radio was so quiet; after a day or two leaving the radio on scan, I end up turning it off.

Dan.

Other than the houseboats not much Dan. The TLA has a radio service in the main part of the summer monitored by students... that was in place before there was phone service on the lake. Many have phones now, but there is still some that use it for guest pick up, or if you're in distress. Not sure.. but I think Boatline Bay monitors for tow jobs. Best chance for "friendly banter" would be the house boats. I think Leisure Islands are on 68 but you could fire them an email to find out. I always just leave mine of 16 in case someone starts screaming they've hit a shoal !

http://www.leisureislandhouseboats.com

Like we spoke a while ago, if things are well with family (yours & mine) we’ll maybe not need a radio or phone to talk.

All we’ll need is a good chair under a shade tree, a cooler filled with our favorite beverages for an afternoon of Temagami fishing 101 lessons.

Oh yea, this is all while my younger nephew (13) is out cutting your grass; we’ll tell him it’s to build stamina, so he can go down rigging for the lakers LOL

I’m about ready, got my riggers & counter reels all serviced up; the rigger rods are in their holders, just waiting for me to get them wet and hopefully fishy.

Dan.

I understand and I’ll call for sure, just to see how things are going. Yes it would be great to meet you; but family comes first, well before a meet and greet with a stranger.

And like I said I understand, my bother has chemo the Friday morning before we’re supposed to leave on Saturday; may have to postpone it for a day? If he does feel ok for Saturday, it might be a longer then normal drive with the extra pit stops we may need to make for him.

He’s bound and bent that he’s not missing this fishing trip and I’m 100% with him coming; don’t know how many more trips there are left?

Dan.

Dan, hopefully I'll know more this week. They'd better come up with a surgery date soon to give us so that we can plan some stuff. They can't leave her too far after the last chemo or the tumor will just start growing out of the bone again. I'm heading North Thursday, until Monday, and dumb me told a customer to bring his wings here on Tuesday so I have to be back. After that if we have a surgery date and it happens to be the first week of July then we'll head back up to Temagami for some RnR before Jen's surgery.

If that happens we can get together and would be honoured to meet your brother.. oh and you! PM me again where you are staying etc. I think we did this already and I'll have a peak thru my inbox.