Algonquin Park..from a boat

atvaholic

Hi, I am heading to algonquin first week of July. Taking my 6 year old with me. I am bringing my inflatable zodiac with 9.9. My son is excited to get out on the boat!

I know there are a few lakes (opeongo, rock, smoke and lake of two rivers) that do allow motors. Could someone give any recomendations? Id like:

1. Best lake to go for a 2 - 3 hour pleasure cruise ...and why

2. Best lake to get a few bass and/or panfish for the little guy. Since we will likely only get out for 3-4 hours, specifics would be great...

Thanks all..

Lake of Two Rivers is a nice campground and has a nice sand beach for him to swim. Also where I launched my porta-bote years back. If I remember correctly I caught a few bass along the South shoreline. Not a huge lake... but perfect for a safe 2 or 3 hour troll around it's perimeter with the lad.

I really like Cedar lake at Brent.

Really outstanding campsites and very good fishing for smallmouth and walleye.

Thanks solo..I just did some research as I have never heard of this lake! looks like a great place to try next time as I have never been on that side of the park. Its a bit too far for this one though as we are staying at cabbisbay.

Thanks solo..I just did some research as I have never heard of this lake! looks like a great place to try next time as I have never been on that side of the park. Its a bit too far for this one though as we are staying at cabbisbay.

Any other suggestions?