First trip this year in the Hobie

Went out on Lake Couchiching with a friend on Saturday and got the Hobie wet for the first time this season. Caught quite a few perch, only one decent size one however, a couple smallies and then this thing...

I had NO idea what this 3lb 11oz green finned fighter was at the time but on the two hour drive home my gf had some time to look into it on her phone and after a little bit of diggin around Google we found it.

So say hello to my first experience with a Bowfish!

Apparently there's a million other slang names for this dude, such as swamp bass, mud musky, and a few others that had just as much aural appeal, but bowfish is his name-o.

We also found out that this is one of those fish that have gone much unchanged since T-rex was stompin around.

After I caught that guy the wind started to really pick up (in typical Couchiching fashion) and we had to make our headwind mission back into shore. Waves were coming fully up and over the bow! It was pretty fun splashin about like that but it made for an hour-long pedal back into Tud Hope. Let me just say how glad I was to not have to paddle back! God bless the Pro Angler.

Anyway, you can check out a little video of a few of the smaller waves that I managed to catch with my waterproof point and shoot on youtube with this link ------>

Can't wait to get back out asap!!

Thanks for listenin

Tight lines!

DSCF02115.jpg