How To Shoot Time Lapses

brandon

A couple weeks ago I shot a time lapse from my balcony as a trial run with my new time lapse dolly. It ended up generating a lot of questions regarding how I did it so I put together a how-to video on time lapses as well as the dolly system itself...enjoy!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9_tf_ZJZjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by brandon

Thanks Brandon, I always enjoy watching your instructional videos. Nobody likes seizures, I got set on AP while working on HDR's and I use it way too often. I want to try a time lapse of my own, but I don't own that timing gizmo that you used. Is is possible to do with just a DSLR/tripod? I have a Canon 40D. Ps, did you name your dog after your favourite camera maker? Good choice :)

lol yeah she was named after my favourite camera manufacturer. And a tripod and 40D will work just fine. There's not need to use a dolly thing...but i can't guarantee that once you start doing stationary ones that you won't be tempted to get a dolly and start making them move lol