A few leftover pics

Well, water levels are still high on Rainy River with fluctuating temps, so I've decided to slow down on the shore fishing and get the boat ready to hit the water.

I was going through some pics from last year and found a few gems, might as well get them outta the way and get on with a new season!

We've been seeing these guys more and more, lil' muskie

thanksgiving056.jpg

Feeding on sucker minnows

SunAug29nature020.jpg

It might look rigged, but it wasn't. Shallow water bass fishing hooking crawfish

SunAug29nature017.jpg

Finally Dad, that new x-rap! Gotta love the anglers of tomorrow

Sept2010108.jpg

Sept2010107.jpg

Finally beat my mentor! lol, just a small local derby, 24.75" takes it this year

oct22010055.jpg

oct22010057.jpg

Braided line snag pulls up some new tackle! lol

oct22010016-1.jpg

Pike strike in the sand bay! This guy had some weight, unfortunately I can't find the pics of the fish???

May20110044.jpg

lil' guy in the shallows, 8" of water

july202010076-1.jpg

The catch of the day on Clearwater, Dad wins today

DSCF2043.jpg

Skis made outta drift wood, lol, the kids always entertain

August2010025.jpg

The newest addition to the family takes a trip to the rapids!

April122011Floodpics079.jpg

These were all over last year, never seen one the year before, but got at least 50 last year alone

thanksgiving044.jpg

Hey those are some nice pics looks like some beautiful land you got around you. Nice fish as well and yea those Lamprey are a pain in the:asshat:.

Thanks! and yep, it's a great place to live (here is a few nature shots while on the topic)

july202010078-1.jpg

july202010077.jpg

April122011Floodpics108.jpg

April122011Floodpics083.jpg

April122011Floodpics091.jpg

july202010078.jpg

july202010040.jpg

thanksgiving023.jpg

July072010100-Copy.jpg

August2010001.jpg

au24th2010136.jpg

dec20121.jpg

december26019.jpg

Awesome pics. I love that area of Ontario. I spent a few months out that way when I was 17 (I'm 39 now) working as a "Junior Ranger". We were based around the Fort Frances area on Cuttle Lake. Best summer I've had with the most amazing walleye and pike fishing I've ever experienced. You are definitely lucky!

Awesome pics. I love that area of Ontario. I spent a few months out that way when I was 17 (I'm 39 now) working as a "Junior Ranger". We were based around the Fort Frances area on Cuttle Lake. Best summer I've had with the most amazing walleye and pike fishing I've ever experienced. You are definitely lucky!

haha, cool you say that. I believe that camp is now closed, but I grew up fishing Cuttle with my dad and grampa. Back then it was an awesome lake, but then slowed down quite abit in the early 90's. Now we make sure to hit it once a year in honour of my Gramps. We still do good on the smaller walleye, but its nothing like the good ol' days.

There are alot of great lakes in that area, Pickwick, Straw lake etc. All the lakes down cedar narrows, especially up around 80-90km up the road, killer fishing

Edited by manitoubass2

haha, cool you say that. I believe that camp is now closed, but I grew up fishing Cuttle with my dad and grampa. Back then it was an awesome lake, but then slowed down quite abit in the early 90's. Now we make sure to hit it once a year in honour of my Gramps. We still do good on the smaller walleye, but its nothing like the good ol' days.

I just did some research on it and I think the camp is some sort of resort now. We had a blast there doing add jobs around the area for the MNR.....cleaning portages, cleaning dumps, planting trees, etc. The fishing was great there. I remember being amazed at the amount of pike in the area. You could pretty much toss out an old boot on the end of your line and they would hammer it! LOL

I'll try to dig out some old pics and scan them.

I just did some research on it and I think the camp is some sort of resort now. We had a blast there doing add jobs around the area for the MNR.....cleaning portages, cleaning dumps, planting trees, etc. The fishing was great there. I remember being amazed at the amount of pike in the area. You could pretty much toss out an old boot on the end of your line and they would hammer it! LOL

I'll try to dig out some old pics and scan them.

cool man, much appreciated!

My first big pike was from that lake, I was literally scared of it. I don't even know if pops has any pics, but I was maybe 10 years old and my dad helped me land a pike that was around 43". I was scared just to be in the boat with it, lol.